Saturday, March 12, 2005

Daniela's sweater is done!


Today I finished the Hello Kitty jumper at last. Overall, I am pretty pleased with the result. This was my first attempt at intarsia knitting and had to rip up the motif the first time halfway through, because I had not twisted the yarn properly. Thankfully, the jumper turned out quite large, so my daughter will be able to wear it next winter, now that spring is almost upon us. The next top will have to be a cotton mix.

Thank you very much for hosting such an inspiring and fun knit along! It made me pick up my kneedles after years and years of abstinence. I definitely caught the knitting bug again, and have already got myself enough yarn for quite a few projects.

Look forward to your next knit along!
Take care
Daniela

3 Comments:

Blogger Oslofia said...

Hi Daniela,

The sweater looks great...ecpesially with your cute daughter wearing it =)

You have done a great job...I cant believe that this is your first attempt at intarsia!

I also made the sweater tooo large for my daughter, so it will fit her next winter as well. But that doesn't mean that I cant knit her other HK sweaters...right =)

Good luck on your new projects!!!!

2:40 PM  
Blogger Saffity said...

That is so cute! you did an amazing job on it!

congrats on finishing it up!

-saff

9:49 AM  
Blogger Ulla said...

Wonderful sweater and a happy girl.
Lovely to see.
I have not done the sweater and the bag but I think I can start in april with the lst things.

Congratulations Daniela
Thanks to oslofia for the wonderful patterns.Great design.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home